It happens that your Sassa card doesn’t work suddenly. It might get rejected by the ATM or the store. There might be a problem with the magnetic strip or your card has a tear in. Then, it will not work.
The best thing that you can do is to visit your nearest Sassa office to get a replacement card. And, you will need to do it as soon as possible. These are the answers about your Sassa card that doesn’t work properly, and some other essential questions answered.
Things that can go wrong with your Sassa card
What can go wrong with your Sassa card? This is a question that is important to know about. You need to know what can go wrong with your card. Especially if you are using your card a lot, and if you’re Sassa payments are still on the card.
- The strip or chip on the card is damaged. This means that the machines can’t read your information on the card. The problem is that you will not get access to your money unless you get a new card.
- The card is bending and not in a good condition anymore. If the card is bending or damaged, it will not go correctly inside the machine. And, it will not read the information on the card correctly. You need to take care of your card and make sure that it stays in perfect condition. Then, this will not happen.
Replacing your card as soon as possible
The moment that you have a Sassa card that is getting rejected by the ATM or machines in the stores, you will need to replace it. The sooner you are getting it replaced the better.
- You will need to go to your nearest Sassa office or make an appointment to see an official at the Sassa office.
- It’s important to give your faulty card to the Sassa office. They will want to test it for any damage and will look at why the card isn’t working correctly.
- If you are handing the card to the office, they will issue you a new one without paying for the new card. If you have lost the card or threw it away, you will need to pay for a replacement card.
- The pay points will not be able to assist you with a faulty Sassa card. You will need to get it replaced at the offices directly.
Other questions about your Sassa payment card you might have
Having problems with a damaged Sassa card isn’t the only problem you can have. There are some other questions and problems you can have with your Sassa grant as well. These are some questions we are getting on a regular basis.
You don’t have a phone or internet to fill in an application
Not everyone has access to a phone with data or the internet to fill in a Sassa application. This means that you might not be able to get Sassa at all.
- There are many places where you can access free Wi-Fi that you can use to fill in your application.
- Make an appointment with an officer at the Sassa offices for assistance. They can do the application on your behalf.
- There are many volunteers within your community that you can also ask to assist with your application.
What happens when you don’t have a phone that is Rica in your name?
Especially with the RSD grant of R350, you will need to have a phone. They will Sms you the date and time when you can collect your grant. Without a phone, you will not be able to get notifications from Sassa.
- The phone that you are using should be Rica in your own name. Not even your spouse’s phone will work.
- If you don’t have a phone registered in your name, you should get one. Your application will not be approved without a phone that is Rica in your name.
- Even if you are making use of a bank deposit to get your money, you still need to have a cell phone registered in your name.
How and when can you withdraw money from your payment card?
There is a new Sassa payment card. It can be used as a debit card. But, can you withdraw your money from the card, and how can you get your money easily?
- You can withdraw money from the Sassa card. There are a couple of methods that you can use to withdraw money.
- Asking a Sassa pay point for a withdrawal
- Making use of any store that is allocated for the use of Sassa cards can let you withdraw money from the card as well.
- You can also make use of any ATMs to withdraw money. You will need to remember that you will pay banking fees when using your Sassa card with your ATM.
Is there any essential information about the R350 paid to my Sassa card that I need to know about?
It is important to make sure that you remember all this essential information about the R350 Sassa grant.
- You need to wait for the Sms for your date to collect your grant payment. The payments aren’t the same as with other grant payments. There isn’t just one day allocated for the payments. There are dates throughout the month where people can get their R350.
- If you are getting any other Sassa payments, you will not qualify for the R350 special grant. This is only for people that don’t get any form of income, including Sassa payments or any UIF.
When your Sassa card is damaged or getting rejected at an ATM, then you need to visit the Sassa offices as soon as possible. And, take your card with you. If they see that the card is damaged, they will replace it without you paying any fees. But, if you don’t have your card, you will pay for the replacement.