We have told you that the Grant SRD R350 payments are extended for another year. So, we need to make sure that you know how and where you can apply for the grant if you still didn’t apply for it.
The problem that many people have, is that they don’t know how and where they can apply for the SRD R350 grant. We are giving you an updated version, where you are getting all the latest about applying and getting your grant SRD payments.
You can apply for the Grant SRD again
This is the most important information you need to know. You can apply for the Grant SRD again. If you already have applied for the grant, you don’t need to apply for it again. It will automatically continue each month until you don’t qualify to get the grant anymore.
There is a couple of essential information to know before you can start applying again. You need to make sure that you do everything correctly to get your application approved.
When can you apply for the Grant SRD R350?
These are the requirements for applying for the Grant SRD R350. If you don’t meet any of these requirements you don’t even need to apply. You are just going to waste your time. They are strict about the requirements for the grant.
- You need to be a South African citizen with a South African ID number and the right barcoded ID document
- You need to be unemployed.
- Have no source of income or financial support from any other source. This includes temporally working or staying with someone with a full income.
- You should be between the age of 18 and 60 years.
Where can you apply for the Grant R350
There are different methods on how you can apply for the Grant R350. Before you just apply at any place, you need to make sure that this is a valid option and not just another way for people to steal your identity. These are the different places where you can apply for the grant SRD.
- The official Sassa website is the best option to apply for the SRD. The site is srd.Sassa.gov.za.
- You can also apply by email. Send all your required documents and information to [email protected]
- There is a WhatsApp number you can use as well. You just need to send a message to the number. You need to send your name, surname, and ID on WhatsApp. They will return the message with the steps. The number is 0820468553
- USSD line is also now available. You just need to dial *134*7737# and follow the steps.
- The other two methods that aren’t as popular are GovChat and Facebook. https://govchat.app/login\
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org
The documents that you need to have at hand before applying
It is important to make sure that you have the right documents at hand before you apply for your Grant SRD payments. These are essential documents that you need to have.
- ID number or Department of Home affairs refugee permit number
- Name and surname as on your ID document
- Gender and disability documents
- Contact details and your cellphone number
- Your residential address, with proof of payment.
When and where can you collect your R350 SRD
Unlike other Sassa grants, it is a bit easier to collect your R350 SRD payment. There are a couple of different ways in which you can get your payment. You just need to make sure that you add your preferred payment method to your Sassa application form. These are the different places where you can collect your payments.
- Post Office bank or any other bank account
- Collect on certain days at the Post Office or at PicknPay and boxer stores
- Paid into your Sassa card that you can withdraw from ATMs or in-store
For those that are getting the SRD R350 grant payments, there is good news. You can now get your payment until March 2023. A whole year later than what it first was. It was extended. If you didn’t apply for the grant yet, you can do this by using any of the Sassa SRD payment methods. We are giving you all the information you need again to apply for the SRD grant. For those that didn’t apply yet.