Sassa decided to change the way people are getting paid when it comes to the Sassa SRD R350 payments. It has changed from one specific day to every weekday. Except for public holidays.
You need to know when you can collect your payment for November 2021. You can’t just pick a date yourself and fetch your grant from the nearest Post Office. Even if you need to wait for your confirmation SMS to collect your grant, these dates will make it easier to know when you can collect the grant.
Need to be approved for Sassa SRD R350 before payments will be made
You need to be approved for the Sassa SRD R350 grant before payments will be made. Applying for the R350 grant isn’t complicated and can be done at any Sassa office or with the online application form. This is if you have access to the internet for applying. These are all the things you need to know in order to qualify for the Sassa SRD grant.
- You need to be a South African citizen, registered on the home affairs database
- Don’t get any of the other Sassa grant payments
- Need to stay in South Africa
- You need to be between the age of 18 and 60 years
- Being unemployed
Once you qualify, you can apply and wait for the approval. Then, you know that payments will be made to you.
Payments of the second phase of the Sassa SRD grant already started
It’s important to know that the second phase of the Sassa SRD R350 grant already started. But, you can still apply for the grant, if you didn’t apply already. Just a reminder that if you were declined, you can’t apply again.
- The payments started in August 2021
- It will last up to March 2022
If you qualified with the first phase of the Sassa SRD grant, you will need to reapply. You won’t automatically get the grant again. Meaning, that if you didn’t qualify with the first phase, you can now apply again and try again to be approved.
Monthly assessments are made to see if you still qualify
Last month you got your R350 grant payment. But this month they sending you an SMS that you don’t qualify anymore. Why did they pay one month and then decline the other payments?
- This is because they are doing monthly assessments to ensure that you still qualify for the grant. That you didn’t get work in the meantime, or that you were approved for other grant payments.
If you don’t qualify anymore, but your info and situation didn’t change, you can contact your Sassa offices for further information.
How the payments are made and where you can collect it
When you apply for the SRD Sassa grant, you will need to decide how the payments are going to be made to you. There are three different options to choose from.
- Post Office for collection
- Beneficiary’s personal bank account
- Mobile money transfers through cell phones
When you are making use of the bank account deposits, you are going to pay bank fees. When you have chosen to collect it from the pay points, you might wonder where you can collect your grant from. There are a couple of options for you to choose from.
- Your nearest Post Office
- Other pay points in your area. You can phone Sassa for more info about it.
- Pick N Pay stores and Boxer. Won’t be able to collect at BP Pick N Pay express, Pick N Pay clothing or Pick N Pay liquor stores.
Why aren’t the payments made on the same date?
Why does Sassa complicate things by paying out the Sassa SRD R350 grant on different days? There are a couple of reasons for it.
- To be able to enforce Covid rules and regulations to the crowd that is waiting for their grant payouts
- To limit the number of people waiting for their grants, for safety reasons.
People also need to remember that other grant payments need to be done as well. Especially for the elderly that can’t wait hours in a queue.
Different people are getting their R350 on different days. It is important to remember that you need to wait for a confirmation SMS to tell you the date when you can collect your grant. And, this is the only date that you can go for the collection. You won’t get any assistance at the pay points if you don’t go on your required date.
Other Sassa grant payment dates for November 2021
On the dates that are set aside for the other grants, you will not be able to get your SRD grant payments. This is why you need to remember these dates for the other grant payments.
- Older person grants – 3rd November 2021
- Disability grants – 4th November 2021
- Children’s grants and other grants – 5th November 2021
If you are getting any one of these mentioned grants, you need to go on the assigned date. You will not get any assistance if you go on another date.
The official dates set by the Sassa office for the SRD grant payments for November
The first week of November, from the 1st to the 5th November, there will be no payments made for the Sassa SRD R350 grants. This is due to the election on the 1st that is now a public holiday. And, the other dates are set aside for the other grant payments as stipulated previously.
These are the actual dates for the SRD grant payments for November 2021:
- 8 November – 084 and 089
- 9 November – 080 and 085
- 10 November – 081 and 086
- 11 November – 082 and 087
- 12 November – 083 and 088
- 15 November – 084 and 089
- 16 November – 080 and 085
- 17 November – 081 and 086
- 18 November – 082 and 087
- 19 November – 083 and 088
- 22 November – 084 and 089
- 23 November- 080 and 085
- 24 November- 081 and 086
- 25 November- 082 and 087
- 26 November – 083 and 088
These are all the official dates and information released by the Sassa offices. You need to see which dates have the first three letters of your registered cell phone. Then, you have an idea about when you will get your SMS to confirm when you can get your Sassa SRD R350 grant payment.