There is a difference between applying for normal Sassa grant applicants and for the R350 grant. This is a mistake that many R350 applicants are making.
People are rushing to the Sassa offices to apply for the Covid grant. And, this isn’t the correct procedure. Yes, you might be able to apply there, but this isn’t what they want. There are too many people rushing to the office to apply. Making it hard to ensure that the Covid regulations are applied. These are everything you need to know about the R350 Covid grant for those that didn’t apply yet.
For those that still doesn’t know the R350 grant extended
Yes, there are people that still doesn’t know that the R350 grant applicants is extended during the beginning of February 2022.
- The grant would have ended by March 2022. However, the President has announced that they are extending the deadline to March 2023.
- And, they are considering making it permanent. But this isn’t official yet. One thing that is official is the fact that there isn’t any chance that the R350 grant is going to be increased.
With other Sassa grant applicants you need to apply at the nearest Sassa office
It’s important to know that when you are applying for any of the official Sassa grants, like the child support, old age support, etc. you will need to go to the nearest Sassa office. This isn’t something that you can do online. And, you need to make sure that you have all the necessary documents at hand.
Because this is something that needs to be evaluated by an official Sassa officer, this isn’t something that you can do online. You need to make an appointment at the nearest office, and ensure that you consider the Covid regulations that still needs to be adhered to.
R350 grant applicants should do it online, or via other methods
This is what is making the R350 application process different. You can’t go to the Sassa office for applying for the grant. They will not allow it. A couple of months ago, this was still something that you could have done, but now it has changed.
You should apply directly online, if possible. The steps for applying online are a lot easier than what you might think. The only thing that you really need to have been the documents that you need for applying. If you can’t apply online, then you don’t need to worry. There are other methods that you can use to apply as well. These are the different methods you can use to apply for the R350 grant.
- You can go to the official Sassa website and apply there.
- You can WhatsApp the application to 082 046 8553.
- You can now also make use of the USSD line. You just need to dial *134*7737# and follow the instructions.
- And, you can now make use of Facebook to apply. The link that you should follow is https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org
Please remember that you only need to use one of these platforms to apply for the grant. Not sent multiple application forms to different platforms. They will decline everyone of them.
Guide in how to apply online for Sassa R350
The good news is that you don’t need to be a computer expert in order to apply online for your grant. The steps are easy to follow and easy to do as well. These are the steps in applying online for your R350 grant.
- You should go to the Sassa website
- Have your phone at hand, and enter your phone number. It needs to be registered or RICA in your own name
- Enter the OTP that was send to your phone
- Follow the online instructions and apply for your R350 grant
- Upload documents that they require
Sassa has requested that R350 applicants apply for their grant online. That they should not visit any of the branches to apply for the grant. Their offices are too busy and they can’t handle the amount of people going to their offices. There are other ways that you can apply as well, if you don’t want to apply online. In order to make sure that all the Covid rules are adhered, this is something you need to consider before you are going to the Sassa office for simple questions.