When you apply for the Sassa SRD R350 grant, or you qualified for the grant and want to change the payment method. You need to know which payment options you have, and how you can change your payment method to a more preferred method.
A mistake that many are making is to think that there is just one payment method. To collect your grant at the nearest pay point. However, this isn’t the truth. There are a couple of different options that you need to know when getting the Sassa SRD R350 grant.
Post Office Payment options
The Post Office is the official payment method for any grant payouts. This is also the payment method for the Sassa SRD R350 grant payments. When you don’t have any bank accounts or phone numbers registered to your name, the grant will be automatically be paid through the Post Office.
- With the Post Office payment options, there are actually two different methods you can use.
- You can collect it from your nearest pay point, or you can make use of the Post office virtual cards.
It’s the information you need to know about the two different options.
Collection at Post Office pay points
This is the easiest option for getting your SRD R350 grant payments. To collect it from your nearest Post Office pay point. You will need to wait till you get the SMS that is giving you a date for collecting your grant. In order to get your payment, you need to show your ID smartcard and your Sassa card.
However, there are a couple of problems with this method.
- There are long queues for collecting the grant. Making social distancing during the pandemic harder.
- Many of the grants are getting stolen from the pay points. Getting collected by other people and the recipient doesn’t get the money.
- People are too afraid to collect grants directly from the pay point. This is because other people will see that they collected grants, and will be robbed.
Post office Virtual Cards
The Post Office virtual cards are a new addition to the payment options for the SRD R350 grant. You can also just make use of this payment method for the R350 grant, and not for any of the other Sassa grant payments.
The virtual card isn’t an actually ATM card, but a virtual one.
- It has all the details that a real debit card will have and can be used the same way.
- The only difference is that this card is free to use.
- When you are using the card at some ATMs and Post Banks, you will not pay any service or withdrawal fees.
With the virtual card, you will get a card number and a pin that you need to use, similar to a normal bank account. The SRD R350 grant payments will be made directly into the virtual card.
Ewallet or Cash send payment options for Sassa SRD R350 grant
The Ewallet and cash send payment options are for those that don’t have their own bank accounts, but that don’t want to collect at the pay points. Sassa has signed deals with some banks that will make it easier to withdraw money.
With this method, your phone number becomes your account number. Meaning that the money is paid into the phone number that you can use or withdraw at certain places. The only requirement is that the phone number that you are using should be registered in your name. And, it needs to be Rica in your name as well.
- Your search for the banks with partnerships with Sassa
- Apply for the cash send payment options or Ewallet option
- Every month your payment will be paid to your phone number.
- Go to the bank you registered the cash send payment option at, and withdraw your money.
There aren’t any fees payable for this method. You just need to have a Rica registered phone in your own name.
Personal bank accounts
If you have a personal bank account, you can get your SRD R350 grant deposited directly into your bank account. It is easier, faster, and a lot safer. If you want to change to this payment method, you need to visit the nearest Sassa branch and you need to have all the bank details and account details at hand. And, the bank accounts need to be registered in your name.
The only problem with this method is the fact that you will pay bank fees when you are paying or withdrawing money from your account. You will also need to pay the deposit fees for getting your grant paid into your bank.
What you need to have with you to change your payment method for Sassa SRD R350 grant
Did you know that if you are successful with the SRD R350 grant, you can choose the payment method that is most convenient for you? If you didn’t choose a payment method and want to change it to a more preferred method, you can still do it. There is just a couple of things you need to have with you.
- Need to visit or phone Sassa customer service. You can go to their official website as well.
- You will need to have your Sassa card, ID smart card, and proof of residence with you.
- You will also need to have your own bank account details and cellphone number at hand. These should both be registered in your own name.
There are a couple of different payment methods for getting your Sassa SRD R350 grant payments. You can change to another method as well if you have the right documents. These are all the information you need to know about the payment methods for the R350 grant payments. And, some essential information about how you can change your payment method easily.