If you are a student with an NSFAS bursary or that is funded through NSFAS, you will get your allowance through the NSFAS wallet. But what happens when you accidentally lock your wallet or you don’t remember your password? Then you might not be able to access your funds in the wallet.
These are essential information that you need to know about the NSFAS wallet and the problems you might have. This will make it easier for you to get your funds back when you have problems with accessing the wallet.
NSFAS wallet explained
Let us explain what NSFAS is and what the NSFAS wallet is.
- NSFAS stands for National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
- This is a government-funded financial scheme that aims to assist students that can’t afford tertiary education.
- When you qualify for NSFAS, you get to log in details for the wallet. Designed for the students and it has high security to protect the money in the wallet.
The NSFAS wallet is where you can access your funds for the everyday expenses that you have while studying. When you can’t access the wallet, you will not have access to your funds.
Resetting your NSFAS password
There are two main reasons why you need to reset your NSFAS password. And, if you are doing it incorrectly, you will block your wallet access and the money you receive as well. The reasons why you need to reset your NSFAS password include:
- You forgot your password, or the password doesn’t work anymore
- Or, you have suspicious activities on your profile and you want to change the password for better protection.
You will need to know the steps for resetting your wallet password. These are the correct steps you need to follow for resetting your changing your password.
- Log into the wallet personal account dashboard
- Go to the Nsfas chat option and click on it
- You will be contacted by an officer that will assist you in resetting your password.
- There are a couple of things you need to provide when you call the officer.
- You will need to have your ID number, cell phone number and email address ready.
Your NSFAS is blocked
When you have locked your NSFAS wallet profile, you will need to know how to unblock it as well. Normally the wallet is blocking profiles when there is any suspicious activity on your profile, or you have entered the wrong password too many times. When this happens you will need to follow these steps:
- Send an email to their head office. The email address is [email protected]
- With the email, you need to include your ID number and insert a copy of your ID as well.
- You also need to enter your full name and surname and cell phone number.
- Any other personal information like address should be added as well
- You need to give a reason why your wallet profile is blocked and ask them to unlock the profile again.
This might take some time, and therefore you need to be patient. This is why it is essential to prevent your wallet profile from being blocked.
Enquiries about your NSFAS wallet
When you have any other questions or enquiries about your NSFAS wallet, you will need to send an email to another address. The address that you need to send the email to is [email protected]. You will need to have the following information in the email.
- Your ID number and add a copy of your ID to the email
- Email address
- Surname and full names
- Postal or physical address
- The enquiry you have about your profile or your bursary
If you are one of the students that qualified for the NSFAS bursary, you will get access to the NSFAS wallet. This is where all your monthly allowance will be in. When you can’t access the funds, you will be in financial trouble and will not be able to pay for your study and study books. This is why you need to make sure that you know how to reset and unblock your NSFAS wallet account.