Not using the cellphone registered Sassa anymore?

Especially for the SRD grant, you need to have a cellphone registered with Sassa that is in your name. However, it happens a lot that you might change phone numbers, or the phone was stolen, and you need to get a new phone and phone number.

You are getting any Sassa grant, and now that you don’t have the number you gave on your Sassa application, you won’t get any notifications. If you have SRD grant payouts, you will not know when you can collect your payment. So, what should you do? Just let the payments get lost, or can you change the phone number at Sassa head office? We are giving you all the essential information.

You can only use your cellphone registered for payouts

Especially for the R350 SRD grant, you can only use your cellphone registered at Sassa for getting your payouts. They are sending you messages to tell you when and where you can get your payment. But, if you don’t use that phone number anymore, you will not receive the notification anymore.

You also might need to give your number to the pay points when you are collecting your normal Sassa grants. And, if your number doesn’t match the registered number, they will block you from getting payments. So, it will become a problem if you have changed phone numbers and you don’t use the number registered with Sassa anymore. What should you do?

Problems you will have with changing phone number when getting Sassa

We already mentioned some of the problems that you might have when you have changed phone numbers and you don’t use the number registered with Sassa anymore. However, is this the only problem you will have, or are you going to get more problems with a new number?

  • You will not receive any essential information from Sassa or get warnings from scams that are going around about Sassa payouts.
  • Getting SRD grant? Then you will not get notifications on pay dates
  • Some pay point places ask for phone numbers to get payment. If your phone has a different number, you will not receive payment.

These are just some of the problems you might face. There are other problems you also have when you don’t use the same number as what you apply for Sassa.

What can you do to still get notifications from Sassa?

Is there anything you can do to still get notifications from Sassa if you don’t use the cellphone registered to Sassa anymore? The only thing that you can do is to get the number changed with Sassa. There are many different ways how you can change a phone number with Sassa.

The thing is that you need to change it as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more notifications you are going to miss. And, if your phone has been stolen, the thief might get notifications about your payments. Not a good idea at all.

Cellphone registered to Sassa in your name only

It is essential to make sure that when you change your cellphone registered to Sassa, you are using a phone number that is only registered in your name. Meaning that you Rica it in your name and not in someone else’s name.

They will not accept any phone numbers that aren’t Rica in your name. This is a safety risk, and they will block the number. You can’t even register the phone in your spouse’s name.

Contacting Sassa for any inquiries

There are different ways how you can change your phone number with Sassa. The best option is to go to the nearest Sassa office with all the required documents. Or, you can phone the Sassa helpline and ask for assistance. This is something that you will need to do as soon as possible after you have changed and Rica your new number.

No longer use the phone number you gave when applying for the R350 grant? Here’s how to get help (

You have changed phone numbers. But, you have been using the old cellphone registered to Sassa. What should you do now? Is there anything you can do, or should you just not be collecting your payments anymore? We are giving you all the information you need to get notifications from Sassa on your new number again.