You have applied for your SRD R350 Sassa grant. And, you are waiting for the notification that you can collect your first payment. However, you don’t get the notification and you are waiting for days for any news of your application.
Then, you realize that your Sassa status is still pending. No matter where you look, your status doesn’t change. And, till the status change to approved, you will not be able to collect your payment. What can you do about your R350 Sassa status that is still pending?
When can you apply for the SRD R350 Sassa grant?
When can you apply for the SRD R350 Sassa grant? And can you still apply when the grant was available from August 2021? Yes, you can still apply for the Sassa grant, but you will only get the payment till March 2022. This is when the SRD grant isn’t available anymore.
You can apply for the SRD grant when you meet the requirements. These are the requirements you need to qualify for.
- You need to be a South African, currently living in South Africa. If you are a refugee, then you need to be registered on the Home Affairs database.
- You should be over the age of 18 years and younger than 60 years
- Need to have a barcoded ID
- Needs to be unemployed and not receive any social grants
- Not receiving or qualifying for getting UIF(unemployment insurance fund benefits).
Where you can check your SRD R350 Sassa status
You might have applied for the SRD R350 Sassa grant, but you don’t know if your application was successful or not. Then, you need to check your Sassa status. It isn’t hard to find your status, and there are many ways on how you can get more information about your Sassa status.
- The Sassa website or the official SRD Sassa website
- Moya app. The app was designed by South Africans for chatting without using data
- You can call the Sassa helpline at 0800 601011. Free to call from a landline
- Send a status message on WhatsApp to 082 046 8553
Why is your status show pending?
You have done all these, and now you find that your SRD R350 Sassa status is still pending. This is now more than a week, and you still don’t have an approved or declined application.
Sassa has a backlog on applications at the moment and they are behind on application approvals. You will need to wait a while longer to see your real Sassa status. However, there are some cases where they didn’t update your status, or they didn’t receive your application. Maybe you have some information missing from your application as well. There can be many reasons why your Sassa status is still pending, and you need to find out why.
Your status shouldn’t be pending for more than two weeks
Most of the time you just need to be patient in order to get an answer to your application. However, when your SRD R350 Sassa status is still pending after two weeks, then you need to enquire about the pending. Normally it doesn’t take more than a couple of days before your status will be available.
When this does happen and your status stays pending, there are a couple of things you can do. You need to get in touch with Sassa as soon as possible. There are a couple of ways on how you can get assistance from them.
- Call the Sassa helpline
- Go to the official website of Sassa and ask for assistance
- Visit the nearest Sassa office
- Visit the nearest pay point for Sassa R350 grant payments
You have applied for the SRD R350 Sassa grant. You fill in the application form and send all the required documents to them. Now, your status stays pending. You can’t get it approved, and it doesn’t show decline either. What can you do about it? You should wait for about two weeks. If the status is still pending, you need to get in touch with a Sassa official worker. There might be a problem with your application and this is why it is still pending. Or, they just have a backlog and they didn’t get to your application yet.