There are still many people that don’t know everything about the SRD R350 Sassa grant applications. Many don’t know who qualifies for the grant and don’t know how to apply or check the status of your application.
As of August 18th, 2021, there were more than 8 million applications for the R350 grant so far. If you don’t know if you qualify or how to apply, this article is for you.
Who qualifies for the R350 Sassa grant
It is important to know who qualifies for the R350 Sassa grant. This is the only way to know if you can still apply for the grant.
- You need to be a South African. Registered at Home affairs. If you are a refugee, you also need to be registered with Home Affairs and currently living in South Africa.
- You must be over the age of 18 years
- Needs to be unemployed
- You should not receive any form of income, or social grant or UIF
- You should also not receive any other form of government Covid 19 response
If you don’t qualify for any of these mentioned requirements, you don’t need to apply for the grant. It will not be approved. You need to qualify for all the requirements.
Application for the SRD R350 grant
When you qualify for the SRD R350 Sassa grant, you need to apply through the right channels. Many scams are going on at the moment, where people are giving you other places to apply as well. These are the only way that you can apply for the Sassa grant.
- The main government Sassa grant site: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/application/auth
- The GovChat website: https://govchat.app/login
- You can WhatsApp 082 0468553
- The Sassa Chat bot that appears on the main website of the Sassa site: https://www.sassa.gov.za
- The official Moya app can also be used to apply for a grant
- You can also go to the Sassa offices or call the call center for assistance.
The application process is easy, and you just need to make sure that you have all the necessary documents with you. IT will be your ID, cell phone number, banking information, proof of residence, and proof that you aren’t working.
Difficulties with checking SRD Sassa grant status
One important thing to know is that you should check your SRD Sassa grant application process. This is to see if they require more information if you are approved or declined.
You should be able to change your banking details or payment method of your grant by going to your profile. However, if you aren’t getting access to your profile, you need to consider calling the Sassa office. The number you can dial is 0800 601011. This is a toll-free number if you are calling from a landline.
Payment dates for SRD Sassa grant
Unlike other R350 Sassa grant payments, you don’t need to know the date that the R350 Sassa grant is paying. If you have given the right cell phone number, you will get an SMS that will tell you when and where you should get your payments. When you don’t get an SMS, you need to phone the Sassa helpline for more information.
There is always a chance that you might have given the wrong number, or you don’t qualify for the payment anymore. IF this is the case, you need to visit the nearest Sassa branch.
Changing payment to your bank account
It is important to know that you can get your R350 Sassa grant payment paid into your bank account. Even if you already stipulated that you are getting your grant at the nearest Sassa pay point. There is just some important information you need to know in order to get this payment method approved.
- You should go to the official SRD Sassa website. https://srd.sassa.gov.za,
- You need to print out the form on the site and take it to your bank
- You should then submit it to a Sassa local office
- You will get an SMS notification when the payment method is switched to your bank.
There are some requirements that you need to know about before you change payment to a bank account.
- You need to have your ID and proof of residence at hand.
- The bank account needs to be in your name only. They don’t accept any other ban accounts
- Your cell phone that you are listing should also be registered in your own name.
This is the latest updates about the SRD R350 Sassa grant payments. You need to know that this payment will only be paid out till end of March. You can get your payment at any Sassa Paypoint, when you are getting your sms notification. Or, you can get your grant paid directly into your bank. Something important to remember is that they are doing an assessment each month to see if you still qualify. If not, they will stop payment immediately.