But what do you do after the application of your Sassa SRD R350 grant? Is there anything else that you need to do? and what about the verification and other procedures you need to do before you are getting approved?
It is important to know everything there is to know about getting your SRD grant. This isn’t just about applying and then getting approved. If you have applied for your grant, or you are considering applying, you will need to know all these as well.
The verification and validation process
This is the verification and validation process to get an approved application:
- When you are giving your name, surname, and ID number, it is going to be verified with the department of home affairs.
- They are checking your information with their data to see if it matches if you are telling the truth or lying. Yes, many people are lying to get the Sassa SRD R350 grant.
- They are also going to use your ID number to see if it matched against their approved database such as UIF, SARS, NSFAS, and other state institutions.
- The last thing that they are going to do before approving your grant, is to do a fraud risk scoring by fraud prevention partners.
Where you can view your application profile for your Sassa SRD R350
The hardest part is to wait to see if you are approved for the R350 grant or not. But, the good news is that you can actually view the process and see how far they are with your application. There are many different ways that you can see your profile and the application process of your grant. These are where you can view your application profile.
- Go to Application status tap on your profile. Select here to check the status.
- You can also send a message to the Sassa’s account for more information about the status of your application.
- Or, you can call the toll-free call center number 0800 60 10 11
When the application is declined
If you get the notice that your application is declined, you have the right to request a reconsideration within 30 days of receiving the declined reason.
- You will need to request a reconsideration for each of the months that the application is declined.
- You need to apply directly on the SRD website for reconsideration.
- You can’t do it any other way to get reconsidered.
- Even reapplying for the grant will not work. They will see the previous applications and will decline without any reconsideration.
Canceling your application for Sassa SRD R350
There are instances where you need to cancel your application. It doesn’t matter for what reason you want to cancel your Sassa SRD R350 grant, but there is a process that you will need to follow in order to cancel it legally and correctly.
- On the official website, you will see underneath the page there is cancel my application.
- You will need to select it to cancel online.
- They will provide your ID number and mobile number.
- They will send you an OTP number that is 6 digits via SMS.
- You will need to insert the number and verify the pin. Without this, you will not be able to cancel your application.
The general information that you need to know
- If you have changed your telephone number, you will need to update it with Sassa as well.
- You will need to call the toll-free number of Sassa to change the telephone number.
- You can also send an email to [email protected]. The other option that you have is to visit the Sassa website and request an update on your profile.
When you apply for the Sassa SRD R350 grant, you need to wait until you hear if this is approved or not. However, it doesn’t mean that you need to wait to see how far their process is. This is all the information you need to know in order to see if your application is approved, how you can request them to reconsider a declined application, or any other information you need to know about. Now, you don’t need to wonder anymore.