One of the benefits of making use of FNB as your personal bank, you are getting some options about the type of credit card you can apply for. One of these credit cards is the FNB premier credit card.
This is a credit card for those that are in the higher-income group. You might need to have a large income to qualify for this card, and the fees are also higher than normal. However, the benefits are great and make it worth getting. Before you are going to decide if you are going to apply for this card, you might want to get as much information about it as possible.
Information about the FNB Premier credit card
It is important to make sure that you know everything there is to know about the FNB premier credit card before you apply for it. Especially about the benefits, rewards, and the fees payable.
This is one of the more elite credit cards from FNB. And, you will need to have a larger salary for this card than for the gold credit card. The fees are a bit higher as well, but the rewards are also better than the other credit card from FNB. Another important thing to know is that this is a card for newly employed individuals that is still under the age of 45 years.
Benefits of owning a premier credit card
When you have the FNB Premier credit card, you will be able to enjoy some benefits. Benefits that will also include some rewards that you can use to your advantage. These are the main benefits of the FNB credit card:
- You will not pay any interest when you repay your credit card in full within 55 days.
- The credit card will also give you some free global travel insurance when you pay for your flight ticket with your credit card.
- You will earn cash back in eBucks that you can use again to save at other stores.
- The best part is that you will get free national and international slow lounge visits. You will get two free airport lounge visits per year if your eBucks are on level three
Rewards that you can expect from the credit card
Besides the benefits we already have mentioned, there are some important rewards that you will enjoy as well when you are applying for the FNB Premier credit card. Rewards that will let you save money, and that will reward you for using your card on a regular basis.
- Get discounted coupons to eBucks partners through the FNB mobile app.
- You will also get some special deals and prices through the eBucks travel app.
- You might be getting up to 40% off on selected flights when you are using the eBucks travel app
- When getting petrol at Engen, you will get up to R4 per liter for fuel in eBucks.
- You will also earn eBucks every time that you are paying with your card in-store or even online.
Fees of the FNB Premier credit card to know
It is important to know that the fees that you are going to pay when you have the FNB Premier credit card are higher than the other credit cards from FNB. This is mostly because of the rewards and benefits that you are going to enjoy, using this card. It is important to know that this is the fee of the credit card.
- The monthly bank charge that you will pay will be R219 per month
- You will also pay a facility service fee of R17
- The Credit card monthly account fee is R75
- When you are linking your petrol card, you are paying R29,5
- With an overdraft, you will pay a monthly fee of R69,00
- Electronic payments and debit orders from the credit card are free
Qualifying requirements for the credit card
Not everyone that has an FNB bank account will qualify for the FNB Premier credit card. There are some strict requirements that you need to meet before you can apply for the card. These are the most common requirements that every client needs to meet.
- You need to have an income between R300 000 and R749 000 per year. Or, a monthly salary between R20 000 and R62 000.
- You need to be older than 18 and you need to be a South African citizen with a barcoded ID.
- A good credit score is needed as well.
If you have a monthly salary of more than R20 000 you can qualify for getting the FNB Premier credit card. There are many benefits and rewards in using this card, that other credit cards won’t offer. We are giving you all the information needed to make sure that you are familiar with the card before you apply for it. Too many people are making the mistake of choosing a credit card that they can’t afford.