FNB or also First National Bank is one of the most popular banks in South Africa. And a huge amount of people are already using FNB for banking. So, why not apply for their FNB Gold credit card as well?
Before you can decide that the FNB credit card is the card that you want to have, you need to make sure that you are getting all the information you need about the card. This review will make it easier for you to decide if you want to apply for this card or want to look for another credit card.
More about the FNB Gold credit card
Did you know that FNB is one of the oldest banks in South Africa? And, that this is also one of the most preferred banks for personal as well as professional use. So, why not make use of this great bank by getting your FNB Gold credit card?
They have different types of credit cards, but the Gold credit card is the most common one because this is for the middle-class income. With this card, there are some benefits as well as drawbacks that you need to make sure about, before using the card.
The essential information you need to know about the FNB card
If you are considering applying for the FNB Gold credit card, there is some essential information that you need to know first. This is to make sure that you are getting all the information to decide if this is the card for you, or not.
- FNB will decide on the limit of your credit card based on your income and expenses. This is something that people like about FNB. They decide on your personal information and how much you can have on your limit. With other banks, you only get one amount, and that is final.
- You will receive a statement each month, where you can go over your monthly spending. To ensure that there wasn’t something added to the card that you don’t know about. You can query about any amount on the statement if you aren’t sure about what the payment was for.
- You can link your debit and your credit card with each other. Making it so much easier to pay or to withdraw from both accounts, using only one card.
Benefits of having an FNB Gold credit card
It is important to know what the benefits of the FNB Gold credit card are before you can decide that this is the card for you. Or to decide that this isn’t the right credit card for you.
- You will get 1,5% back in eBucks on any purchase you are making with your credit card. EBucks can be used for other payments and petrol.
- Your credit limit will be based on what you can afford.
- You will be able to get free comprehensive global travel insurance if you are a frequent traveler
- Tap and pay option to avoid touching the card machine. Great during the Covid pandemic.
- You will get up to 55 days interest free payments.
- The best news is that you will get 15% back in eBucks when you fill up your car with petrol, using your credit card.
Important charges to know about having the credit card
The important thing to know before you are applying for your FNB Gold credit card is all the fees that you need to pay. These are the current fees that you need to pay before the 2022 increase is active.
- The monthly service fee is R34,00
- A monthly credit facility service fee is R17,00
- Once off initiation fee is R175,00
- An additional service fee will be R17,5 added
The problem with this credit card is that there are a couple of fees that is making it one of the more expensive credit cards on the market.
Drawbacks of the card
There are a couple of drawbacks to making use of the FNB Gold credit card. And, you need to know these drawbacks before you decide that FNB is the bank for your credit card.
- They are looking at your annual income, which needs to be more than R84 000,00 per annum. Under no circumstances will they allow you to get a card if you don’t meet this number one requirement.
- You can withdraw money from your credit card. However, you will be charged a fee for the withdrawal. So, this means more fees.
FNB Gold credit card. A great credit card with some great benefits. However, there are some drawbacks that you need to know as well. This is to make sure that you aren’t going to apply for a card that you can’t actually use. And, why should you waste money applying for something that you won’t qualify for in the first place? However, if you qualify for the FNB Gold credit card, you will enjoy some benefits that you won’t find at many other banks.