You need to do an SRD grant status check on a regular basis. Even if you already know that you have been approved for the grant and were paid for a month or two.
There are many reasons why this is important. We are giving you all the essential information about checking your grant status. And, we are making sure that you know how to change your payment method for the SRD grant, without any problems.
Why is this something that you want to do on a regular basis?
First of all, why should you do an SRD grant status check on a regular basis? Even if you have already been approved for the grant and got payment already?
Each month there is a new assessment done to ensure that you still qualify for the grant. Just because you qualify for the first SRD grant, doesn’t mean that you will qualify each and every month until the end of March 2022. They are assessing your circumstances and making sure that you still qualify for the grant.
This is why you need to do an SRD status check on a regular basis. To make sure that you still qualify for the grant. And, to make sure that there isn’t any information on your status that shouldn’t be there.
Different methods for checking your SRD grant status
There are different methods that you can make use of to check your SRD grant status. You need to make sure that you are using the method that is best for you.
- You can phone the Sassa helpline at 0800 601011. The only problem is that when you are phoning the helpline, you are going to wait. Sometimes the helpline is busy with clients that need urgent assistance. This is also why you need to consider using other methods before just calling a helpline.
- You can visit the Official Sassa website. There you can log in and check your status within a couple of minutes. There was a problem before with the Sassa website, but this is resolved now and can be used for a status update.
- The last thing that you can do is to go to the Sassa offices. There is normally one in every town, or you can visit the Post Office for assistance.
The best method for doing an SRD grant status check
From the three methods we discussed, which method is the best method for doing an SRD grant status check? This is a question that needs to be answered.
In most cases, if you have access to Wi-Fi or the internet, then you should consider going to the Sassa website for a status update. You just need to sign in at the site, and they will give you all the essential information that you need to know. You can then also update your payment methods, or change personal information that has changed.
You want to change the payment method for the SRD grant
Yes, you can change your payment method, and you will get paid via the new method after one calendar month. The different payment methods you can use include:
- Collect your SRD grant at the nearest pay point or Post Office.
- Use your smartphone to get paid via Ewallet.
- Making use of the Post Office virtual card
- Getting it deposited into your bank account. With this method you are going to pay the banking fees for the deposit and when you are withdrawing money from your account.
You checked your SRD grant status, and you still qualify for getting your grant. But, now you want to change your payment method. Is this possible to change the payment method, and how can you do it easily?
When you see that there is any information incorrectly on your Sassa status
You have done an SRD grant status check, but you notice that there is some information that is incorrect. What should you do?
You should contact your nearest Sassa office immediately. Especially if you didn’t make the changes in the first place. They will assist you in blocking your status so that no one else can see it. And, they will correct the information again.
If you want to change any information on your status, you can do it online. Most of the time you will need to provide the documents of the changes. No matter if this is a cellphone number that has been changed, your address, or even the town that you have moved to. If you struggle, you should call the nearest Sassa office for assistance.
One thing is important. You need to do an SRD grant status check on a regular basis. This is to make sure that you are still qualifying for the grant. And, to be able to see if there was anyone else on your profile. It’s also the time to change any personal details that have been changed from the time you apply for the SRD grant.