When you want to check your total Sassa R350 balance, you will need to follow a couple of steps. It doesn’t matter if you are going to use the bank ATM method, The USSD code, or even ask for a balance when collecting your payment.
If you don’t know how to check your balance, you might not be able to use all the money you have in your account. And, there comes a time when your money will not be available anymore. These are all important information about checking your Sassa R350 balance.
Different ways of checking your Sassa R350 balance
The first thing you need to know is the different ways on how you can check your Sassa R350 balance. When you don’t succeed with one option, you can always try the other options. These are the different ways on how you can check your available Sassa balance.
- Using your phone and USSD code
- Through the call center
- At participating stores
- Through the Sassa pay point
With some of these methods, you will not pay anything to get your balance. However, for some of the options, like bank ATM, you will pay standard fees for balance inquiry.
Making use of the USSD code
The simplest way to get your Sassa R350 balance is by making use of the USSD code. You don’t need to have any air time to use the USSD code. These are the easy steps you need to follow to get your balance through the USSD code.
- You will need to dial *120*69277# from your cell phone. It doesn’t matter if you have a smartphone or not.
- You can set your preferred language. All South African languages are available.
- Just follow the voice commands further. It is easy to follow and you will get your balance in no time.
If the USSD code failed, you need to make sure that you have entered it correctly as stipulated here. It needs to be exact in order for you to get your balance. If it doesn’t work, you might want to try another method.
Using your ATM for a balance check
You can use any ATM for a balance check on your Sassa R350 grant. You just need to remember that this method isn’t free. You will need to pay banking fees for using your Sassa card at an ATM. Here is how you can use your Sassa card to get a balance on your grant payments.
- See if you are approved to use a card at the ATM first
- Insert your card into the ATM to start the transaction
- Type in your PIN that only you knows
- Choose the type of transaction you want. In this case a balance
- Choose how you want to receive your receipt
- Take your card again
You can also withdraw money from the ATM if you did require this when you applied for your Sassa grant.
Helpline when these methods don’t help
You have tried the banking method and the USSD method but you didn’t succeed with getting your Sassa R350 balance. Then, there is another way that you can use it. You might need to be patient for this one.
This is when you are calling the helpline to get a balance. You will need to have your Sassa card and ID document ready before calling. The call is free if you are doing it from a landline. Here is how you are getting your balance by calling the Sassa helpline.
- Find a landline where you can call from
- Call 0800 600 160
- Follow the instructions and give your ID if requested
- This is free of charge to get your balance through the helpline
When you don’t get through to the helpline, you can always go to any of the Sassa pay points and ask for a balance there. You might need to stand in a long queue, but you will get your balance if everything else fails.
Withdrawing your Sassa R350 balance
Besides just getting your Sassa R350 balance, you can also withdraw your money. There are a couple of methods that you can use to withdraw your money. You can make use of:
- Sassa pay points on your assigned date
- Electronic withdraw at ATM
- Any of the stores and institutions where you can collect Sassa grant as well
Withdrawing money is free if you are collecting it at a pay point or if you withdraw the money at participating stores. However, you will need to pay a bank fee if you are withdrawing your money from an ATM.
Information about collecting at pay point and bank withdrawal payments
When you are collecting your money at a pay point and the bank withdraws payments, there is a couple of essential information you need to know.
- If you can’t collect your money at the Post Office, you can appoint an agency official or give someone you know and trust power of attorney. This will give them permission to collect the grant on your behalf. In order to do this, you will need to call the Sassa helpline.
- It doesn’t matter what bank you are using to withdraw your Sassa money from. However, you will pay a fee for the transaction. Different banks have different transaction fees, so you need to find out where you can pay the lowest fees.
You can get a Sassa R350 balance from a pay point, Post Office, from an ATM, using the USSD code or calling the helpline. Having all the required information at hand is important to get your balance without problems. You can also withdraw money in different ways. From the Post Office and other pay points to an ATM, participating stores, and institutions. Most of these transactions are free, besides using the ATM for various services. Even just to get a balance from the ATM will cost you money. With this information, you will be able to find out the balance of your Sassa grant without any problems.