Are you one of a few people that know for sure that your R350 sassa grant was approved, but you didn’t get sms for your payment dates? Don’t worry, you aren’t the only one. There are many people with an approved Sassa status that don’t get notified about their date of grant collections.
This means that you might not be given the right contact details to Sassa, or the phone number you gave wasn’t your own number, Rica in your own name. However, there might also be other reasons why you have an approved sassa status, without getting your sms.
R350 Sassa grant approved without notification?
This can be a serious problem. When you have an approved R350 Sassa status, but you still didn’t receive your sms with the collection date of your first payment. This doesn’t mean that the status is incorrect. It means that there is something else wrong. These might be some of the reasons why you didn’t get your sms notification.
- Your cell phone number might be incorrect
- You didn’t use your own phone number, registered in your own name
- Some type of corruption at the post office
- You don’t qualify for the grant payment anymore
Won’t get paid without the sms notification with Sassa status approved
The problem with having an approved Sassa statement without getting your sms notification means that you won’t get paid. They will just turn you away when you show up for payment collection.
You need to receive the sms with the date and place for collection. And, if you don’t receive it, you won’t get paid. This is why many people are getting furious with the new payment method. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what your status says, without your confirming sms, you still won’t get any payments. Except, if you applied for the grant and inserted your bank details for payment. Then, you will not receive a payment collection sms.
Sassa status approved without pay? Corruption at Post Office might be the reason
One of the most common reasons why you might not get your sms for collection is because of the corruption at the Post office, by Post office workers. There are reports that people need to pay R50 in order to receive their sms and payments.
- Then, there are reports that people received the sms with their date and location.
- When they arrive at the location, the payment was already collected. By someone else, even in another city or province.
- This is because the workers were paid to get someone else’s R350 grant payment.
If this happens to you, or you suspect any corruption at your post office, you need to report it to the Sassa offices and police immediately. If this happens to you, it might happen to someone else as well.
USSD code is still a work in progress
You might have heard about the new method for getting the right date and place for your R350 sassa collection. This is the USSD code that you can dial to receive your payment collection date.
However, this is still a work-in progress. Meaning that till today, they are still working on this method. There are some difficulties to make the USSD code workable and safe to use. We will keep you posted about the USSD code, instead of waiting for your sms notification.
Steps to take when you don’t get sms notifications
What happens when you are a victim of corruption at the post office, or when you don’t receive your sms notification for collection? There are a couple of things you can do to get your Sassa payments and to report any wrongdoing by Post Office workers.
- Contact the Sassa helpline for assistance
- Check if you still have an approved Sassa status
- If you suspect corruption, you need to phone Sassa head office, and the police immediately. Too many people are being robbed of their R350 grant payments, because of corrupt officials.
- You can make use of the Sassa app or website to check if all your personal details are correct and in your own name, instead of in your spouse’s name.
Are you one of the many that know they have an approved Sassa status, but they didn’t receive their sms notification for collection yet? Then, you need to know that you aren’t the only one. You need to make sure that your personal information is correct, and that you are contacted. If this happens that you don’t receive your sms, you can contact your nearest Sassa office, or phone the Sassa helpline.
Without your sms confirming your payment collection date, you will not be able to receive your payment at all. This is why you need to make sure that you know what to do when you don’t receive your collection date yet.