You have applied for your Sassa R350 SRD, but till today, you didn’t receive your money. It doesn’t matter if you were approved a month ago, or even a couple of months ago. When you are approved, you need to get a notification on when and where you should collect your first grant.
But, for many people, this doesn’t happen. They just don’t get any notifications on collecting payment. If you are one of these, then you might be wondering what is going on and how to get your payment paid to you. This is some info that will assist you with this matter.
Know your Sassa R350 RSD grant status first
The first thing that you need to do is to know your Sassa R350 SRD grant status. You can’t worry about a delay in payment if you don’t even know that your application was approved or not.
There are different ways on getting the status of your Sassa application.
- In normal circumstances, you will get an sms notification that your application was approved or declined. With a decline, they will give you the reasons for the decline. When you are approved, they will be sent your first date of collecting your grant.
- If this doesn’t happen, you can phone the Sassa helpline or you can go online to the official Sassa grant website and check there what your status is.
- The Moya app is also a great way to find your status without worrying about having data or not.
Why most people aren’t getting paid yet from their Sassa R350 SRD?
This is a question that many people are asking. Why most people aren’t receiving their Sassa R350 SRD yet. The main reason was because of the deadlock that they have with the system. An overload of applications that needs to be approved and payments that need to be made.
However, this was sorted out and most people did receive their grants. It might have been a month or two that you needed to wait, but they did make sure that everyone is receiving the right amount.
Other reasons why you didn’t receive payment yet
The problem is that there are other reasons besides the deadlock on why people didn’t receive their payment yet. Different reasons and you can’t just sit and wait for the payments to be made. You need to know why you didn’t receive payment yet, and what they will do about it. These are the different reasons why you might not receive your Sassa R350 SRD grant yet.
- Corruption at the Post office with their workers. People pay the employees of the Post Office to give them the money instead of giving it to the right applicant. Meaning that someone else is getting your payment.
- You might have declined after a month of receiving the Sassa R350 SRD grant. This is because you might not qualify for the grant anymore. They are reassessing the grant on a monthly basis.
- You didn’t give the right phone number, or they have gotten your phone number wrong. Meaning that you don’t get the notification on when you should collect your payments.
What you can do about it
Is there anything you can do when you don’t receive your Sassa R350 SRD grant? Most people think that they can’t actually do anything about it. If they get their grant this is a bonus, while if you don’t get your grant then this is your loss.
The thing is that there are many things that you can do about it. To make sure that you know why you didn’t receive your grant yet.
- You can visit the nearest Sassa pay point for getting some assistance.
- Go to your local Sassa office and get assistance there. Take your ID and telephone number with you.
- Contact the Sassa helpline for assistance.
- Go online to the official Sassa office. Sign in and see why you didn’t receive payment yet.
In most cases, there was just a small problem with the system and they will rectify it immediately. However, in case of a huge problem with your status, they will investigate and see what the problem is, and how they can rectify it.
Different places you can get assistance for your Sassa R350 SRD not being paid
You know now where you can go for assistance when you have any inquiries or problems with your Sassa R350 SRD grant. But, you might not know the contact details of Sassa, or if you don’t really know what their official website is. These are the information and places where you can get assistance for your Sassa R350 SRD grant.
- Your nearest Sassa pay point. This is normally a Post Office near you
- The official Sassa website is www.sassa.gov.za. You can get all the information about your status there.
- Their toll-free number is 0800 601 001. This is a free number to call if you are calling from a landline.
You applied for the Sassa R350 SRD grant, and the application was approved. But, you are still not getting paid or getting a notification for collection. When this happens, you need to make sure that you know what to do. Our guide tells you every reason why you might not get your payments, and what you can do about it. The sooner you are getting the necessary information the sooner you will get your R350 SRD payments.