Official Sassa payment dates 2022
During the last year, things have changed a lot with the Sassa payment. Before the pandemic, you could get your Sassa grants during the first day of the month. However, because of Covid regulations, this isn’t possible anymore. So, there is a day set aside for each grant.
It is important to know when you should receive your grant. Even if you are getting an SMS to notify you of your date for collection. You should also make sure that you know how to apply for a grant if you didn’t apply yet and you qualify. We are giving you all the necessary information.
Essential information about Sassa payment dates
Every Sassa grant percipients need to know when they can collect their Sassa payments. It is important to know their payment dates so that they can buy groceries and other essentials.
This is an adjustment that people need to get used to. Before 2020 and before Covid 19, percipients of grants got their grants on the same day. And, it was always on the first day of the month. Now, with all the Covid 19 regulations, people can’t get their grants on the same day. Social distancing is making it impossible.
- Now, they have set three different dates for the grant payments.
- Each for people getting the pension grant, the disability grand, and the child support grant.
- Other grant payments normally go with the child support grants, because there aren’t as many people receiving the grants.
Old age and pension Sassa payment
The old age and pension grant payment dates are normally the first dates to receive payment. This is because they are a larger group of people getting the grants. And, they are the most at risk for getting Covid. These are the requirements for getting old age or pension grants.
- Needs to be older than 60
- People older than 75 are getting a higher amount
- You should not get any other form of grant payments to qualify for the grant payments
- Your annual income should not exceed R86280 if you are single or R172, 560 if you are married.
The payment dates for getting old age and pension grant during 2022 is:
- January 4th 2022
- February 3rd 2022
- March 3rd 2022
- Other dates still need to be published.
Disability Sassa payment dates 2022
Disability grant payments are for people that have a physical or mental disability that is making them unable to work for a period of 6 months or longer. The payment will be paid as long as you are unfit to work. The amount that you are getting at the moment will be R1860 per month.
This is actually a temporary grant, but it can be made permanent if the disability continues for longer than 12 months. Requirements for getting the grant payment includes:
- Need to be older than 18 years
- You should not be cared for at a state institution.
- You should not have a higher annual income than R86 280 if you are single.
- You need to have proof of your disability through a local state hospital or clinic.
These are the Sassa payment dates for people with disabilities for 2022
- January 5th 2022
- February 4th 2022
- March 7th 2022
- The rest of the dates still need to be published
Child support grant and other grant payments
Child support grants are for parents that are struggling financially to raise their children. The Sassa grant is for people that are getting a lower annual salary than R52 800 per month for a single parent and R105 600 for a married couple. The grant payment is R450 per child for up to 6 children.
In order to receive the grant payment, you need to meet these requirements:
- The applicant must be the primary caregiver for the child
- Need to have proof that you are biological the parent or that you are the primary caregiver to the child
- The child must be under the age of 18 years and not be cared for in any state institution.
The dates for the child support grant payments and other grants are as follow:
- January 6th 2022
- February 7th 2022
- March 7th 2022
- The rest of the dates aren’t published yet.
Applying for any social grant in order to receive payment
When you are applying for any sassa payment, you need to have some requirements in order to qualify. And, you need to apply for the grant payments at the Sassa grant site. Or, you can visit the nearest Sassa office.
One thing that you need to remember is that when you are applying for any grant, you need to make sure about the requirements of the specific grant you apply for. You will need to have your own cell phone, registered in your name, your own bank account when you want bank payments, and you need to have a barcode ID.
It doesn’t matter what type of Sassa grant you get, you need to know when you can collect the payments. This has changed from 2020, where there was only one date for all Sassa payments. This is the updated information about the Sassa payments for the first part of 2022. The rest of the payment dates will follow when it is published.
Magda Dupont is an experienced writer at kredilife.com, where she’s credited with more than 100 articles covering everything from entrepreneurial stories to how to apply for government grants.
She also oversees the Comment&Questions, which poses important admission questions to experts in the field, and regularly hosts webinars on various aspects of the technical school experience.
Prior to joining kredilife.com, Magda honed her skills as a freelance writer, tackling a wide array of topics from camping to personal loans.
Haley holds a Master’s degree in English Literature from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.