Sassa balance from phone or at the post office
Check Sassa balances is a lot easier today than it was a couple of years ago. You can now check your balance from your phone, or even at the post office. Even if you go to the Sassa offices, you can request for your Balance.
Before you can check your balance, you might want to make sure that you read this info. This is all important to know how to check your balance safely.
Sassa made it possible to check Sassa balance online
The good news is that Sassa is making it possible to check Sassa balance with many different methods.
- You can use your phone,
- your bank’s ATM,
- Visit the Sassa branch
- and even by going directly to Sassa’s website.
You just need to make sure that you know how you can check the balance, and how to do it correctly and safely. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a phone. Or, if you don’t have a bank account where you can check your balance easily. You can also check your balance at the Sassa cash pay point for free. You just ask for a balance check.
Using your phone for Sassa balance checking
The first method, and for sure the easiest method to check your balance is by using your phone. It doesn’t need to be a smartphone.
- Any kind of phone can be used correctly.
- You can also call the Sassa call center on
You can also make use of the USSD code to get your Sassa balance. Here are how you can do it correctly:
- You should dial *120*69277# on a cellphone
- The next step is to choose your language
- All that you need to do next, is to follow the voice commands and do as they say.
- You will be able to get your balance without any problems.
Using the ATM for checking balance
You can also make use of your bank’s ATM when you are checking your balance online. Just remember that if you are using your bank account, you are going to pay bank fees. Not everyone knows it and it confuses me. Just the phone, call center, and direct online methods are free.
In order to get your balance checked via your bank, you will need to do the following:
- Insert your Sassa card into the machine or ATM to start the transaction
- You will need to type in your pin correctly
- Select that you want to check the balance
- You will need to select your receipt preferences
- You should get your balance through your receipt preference, and you need to take your card
When these methods don’t work
What happens when you tried these methods, and it doesn’t work? You still don’t get your balance, via your phone, or with any other method.
- The best thing that you can do then is to contact the helpline for assistance.
- We already gave the helpline’s number in a previous paragraph.
- You need to know that the way you are getting paid your Sassa grant, has an influence on how you can check your balance.
Changing payment methods are possible
There are three ways of getting your Sassa grant payments.
- You can choose to cash in on a certain day at the pay point in your area.
- You can also get it with an electronic deposit into your bank or at a Postnet bank,
- and at other institutions that are registered with Sassa.
However, if you are struggling to get your balance, you can change the payment method that you are selected when applying for a Sassa grant. You just need to make sure that follow the right steps and visit a Sassa branch to get the method changed.
The essential information you need to know
There is some essential information that you need to know if you want to get your Sassa balance online.
- That when you are making use of a bank ATM, you are going to pay fees.
- If you are getting your Sassa in cash at a Sassa pay point, you will not be able to get access to any balances.
These are everything you need to know about checking Sassa balance online. This is the only way that you can make sure about the amount you have in your Sassa account. A number that you always need to remember is the Sassa call center number. This is 0800 6010 11.
Magda Dupont is an experienced writer at kredilife.com, where she’s credited with more than 100 articles covering everything from entrepreneurial stories to how to apply for government grants.
She also oversees the Comment&Questions, which poses important admission questions to experts in the field, and regularly hosts webinars on various aspects of the technical school experience.
Prior to joining kredilife.com, Magda honed her skills as a freelance writer, tackling a wide array of topics from camping to personal loans.
Haley holds a Master’s degree in English Literature from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.